Orders must be placed before March 9th, 2022. Orders are being accepted now!
One assigned representative of a student group must submit the group order, no individual orders will be accepted.
Every year, Loyola Law School provides student organizations and the three law reviews with the opportunity to order certificates of appreciation, designed to recognize the service of officers and editors, and members and staff writers. The certificates are provided compliments of Loyola Law School, and are personalized with your name, the name or your organization/law review, and your title within the organization/law review. The certificates are imprinted with the school’s gold-embossed seal, and printed on 8 ½” x 11” parchment.
Follow these steps to place your order.
Step 1: Gather Names. Prepare the List.
The president or the editor-in-chief (or an assigned representative) prepares the order first by gathering names. The following Loyola Law School students are eligible for certificates of appreciation:
- All “graduating” members of LLS student organizations (exclude non-graduating members);
- All officers of LLS student organizations, graduating or not;
- All editors and staff writers for the three LLS law reviews, and
- All officers and members of the LLS St. Thomas More Law Honor Society.
Make sure to check the spelling and provide the full student name. Double-check that you have included the names of all qualified persons. For example, former members of the law reviews who are now graduating should receive a certificate. A member of your organization who has paid his/her membership fees, but may not be an active participant, also should receive a certificate.
Step 2: Download Certificates Order Form (Excel Format)
- Download the form here and fill out by adding all qualified names to the spreadsheet.
- Save the spreadsheet (assign the document with the initials of the student organization, i.e., ILS) and email as an attachment to: Alejandra Hernandez Perez Student Affairs.
- Handwritten or typed requests will not be accepted. Only orders submitted through the Certificates of Appreciation Order Form will be accepted.
|NAME OF ORGANIZATION
(List the name only once as it will appear on the certificate-Do Not Abbreviate)
|NAME OF SIGNATOR
(Designated person authorized to sign certificates-1 person only)
|TITLE OF SIGNATOR
(i.e., President, Chair, EIC)
|NAME OF STUDENT FOR CERTIFICATE
(First Name, M. I., Last Name-No Nicknames)
|TITLE OF STUDENT/OFFICER
(i.e., President, Editor, Member, Staff Writer-Do Not Abbreviate)
|American Constitution Society||John Q. Public||President||John Q. Public||President|
|Jane E. Doe||Vice President|
|Jerry S. Handy||Treasurer|
Step 3: Wait One to Three Weeks for Your Order
Orders will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Processing varies from one to three weeks. For your information, end-of-year gatherings provide the ideal (and convenient) opportunity for the distribution of certificates to officers, editors, and members.
What If I Order Late?
If you place your order after the deadline, your order will not be processed. Please make sure to order before the deadline.
Who Do I Contact About the Status of My Order?
If you have questions about your order, or would like to know about its production status, please contact Alejandra Hernandez Perez, Office of Student Services, (213) 736-1198 or email@example.com.
Step 4: Pick Up Your Order from the Office of Student Services
You will be notified about the order’s completion via email from Alejandra Hernandez, Office of Student Services. The certificates will be available for pick up at the Office of Student Services, Founders Hall Room 104. The completed certificates will not be left at the Information or in your mailbox due to the size and fragile nature of the forms. The Office of Student Services is open Monday to Thursday from 9am to 6pm. Friday from 9am to 4pm.
Step 5: Distribution Time & Facts Worth Noting
- Upon picking up your order, you have one final step to complete before distributing the certificates, you will need to have them signed (in black ink) by the designated official. They will have already been signed by Dean Michael Waterstone.
- The date on each certificate is the date of Commencement.
- There are two signatures on your certificate, the Dean and your designated official.
- The spelling of names will be formal. For example, “Jim Alexander Johnson” will be “James A. Johnson, Jr.” In most cases, the initials for middle names will be used.
- Your certificates will not arrive in individual folders or frames. They will be packaged as one bundle. The mounting/packaging of certificates is a matter for your journal or organization to handle.
Problem with your Order?
While great care is taken in the preparation of certificates, problems such as typos do occur from time to time. If you need assistance with placing your order, or need corrections or additions made to your order, please notify Alejandra Hernandez as soon as possible and we will try our best to correct the issue. If there is a problem with your order, you will be notified by email.
Thank you in advance for your order.