The State Bar of California's Practical Training of Law Students (PTLS) program certifies law students to provide legal services under the supervision of an attorney. If you require a signature from the Dean, follow the steps below.
- Go to the California Bar Practical Training of Law Students Page.
- Have your supervising attorney complete and sign the Declaration by Supervising Attorney's form.
- Deliver the completed Declaration by Supervising Attorney's form to the Office of Student Affairs. The application will be reviewed and if approved, the Declaration by Dean of Law School form will be signed.
- The Declaration by Dean of Law School form will be signed. The completed application will be available for pick up in the Office of Student Affairs in as little as 3 business days.
- The student must retrieve the completed application and mail it to the State Bar of California with the appropriate fee. The State Bar will notify both the student and the Law School of any action taken.